Updated: Dec 8, 2022
Black fungus (黑木耳 or Auricularia polytricha) can enhance the body's immunity, and regular consumption can prevent and fight cancer. Its functions include:
Nourishing qi and strengthening the body
Nourishing the kidney and stomach
Promoting blood circulation
Resisting blood coagulation
Lowering blood fat
Reducing the occurrence of cardiovascular diseases.
Eating black fungus often can clean the digestive tract, including the stomach and intestines. Burdock root (牛蒡 or Arctium lappa) can improve the metabolism and detoxification function of the liver and promote the metabolism of blood sugar and blood lipids. It can also help stabilize mood and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. It's great for patients with three highs – high blood pressure, high blood sugar, and high blood cholesterol.
All in all, this soup is good for people with gout, diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
Ingredients: 1 piece of black fungus 1/2 burdock root 1 piece of corn (with whiskers) 1 carrot 1 piece ginger (peeled) A bit of lean meat
Steps: - Soak the black fungus until it's soft. Then, remove the stalks, drain the water, and cut the fungus into small pieces.
- Wash the lean meat.
- Wash the corn and cut into sections.
- Wash and peel the carrots. Cut them into pieces.
- Wash the burdock root and cut it into slices with a knife.
- Get 7 bowls of water and boil the lean meat on high heat. Then, add all the ingredients and cook on high heat for 15 minutes.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and cook for 1 hour.
- Finally, turn to medium heat and cook for 15 minutes. Add salt and serve. ~~ Black fungus should not be soaked for too long. Avoid soaking it for over half an hour. Try to cook as much as you want to eat. The remaining black fungus cannot be eaten the next night, but can only be eaten on the same day.