Cyclocybe aegerita mushrooms, polygonatum macropodium root, dried oyster, and jointed wax gourd soup
Updated: Dec 8, 2022
Cyclocybe aegerita or tea tree mushrooms (茶樹菇) have many properties. They can:
Clear away heat and diuresis
Calm the liver
Improve eyesight and nourish your kidney
Invigorate the spleen and stop diarrhea
Lower blood pressure
The mushrooms also have anti-aging and anti-cancer properties. Additionally, they're great for promoting children's growth and intelligence. They can help address children's bedwetting tendencies.
This soup is paired with:
Chestnuts, cashew nuts, and peanuts for nourishing the kidney and brain
Adenophora or ladybell root (沙參) and polygonatum macropodium root (海玉竹) for nourishing the lungs and beauty
Dried oysters for nourishing yin and the kidney
Jointed wax gourd (節瓜) for nourishing yin
It is a delicious soup suitable for the whole family.
About 10 pieces of adenophora or ladybell root
5 pieces of polygonatum macropodium root
1 jointed wax gourd
1/3 cup peanuts
More than 10 cashew nuts
4 dried oysters
About 20 cyclocybe aegerit mushrooms
A bit of pork tendon
1 corner of dried tangerine peel
1 piece of ginger
Steps: - Soak Adenophora roots and Polygonatum roots for 1 hour.
- Soak peanuts, cashew nuts, tea tree mushroom, and dried oyster for 15 minutes.
- Wash the pork tendon, soak it in cold water, and rinse with water.
- Wash the jointed wax gourd, remove the skin with the back of a knife, and cut it into pieces.
- Wash carrots, peel them, and cut them into cubes.
- Remove pulp from the tangerine peel.
- Wash chestnuts and set them aside.
- Wash and cut figs in half.
- Wash and peel the ginger.
- Boil 7 bowls of water and all ingredients on high heat for 20 minutes. Turn to medium-low heat and cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Add salt.
~~ This soup is not suitable for gout patients.